loveyunfei365 发表于 2018-6-16 13:09:15

2018年英语四级考试真题试卷及答案word文档精编汇总版

2018年英语四级考试真题试卷及答案word文档精编汇总版分享给大家,资源都是作者辛苦整理,请大家尊重作者劳动成果,帮忙转发分享至微博让更多考试的朋友看到!谢谢大家!

2018年英语四级考试真题试卷及答案word版本百度网盘下载链接: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1sy0HgtYeCZe4RJZgFhKSTA 密码: shex

以下为原文内容:(部分图片不显示,可下载word版本查看)【2018年英语四级考试真题试卷及答案】

第一部分作文时间:30分钟

本次作文分别是:
Directions: For thispart, you are allowed 30minutes to write a short essay on the importance of speaking/writing/readingability and how to develop it. 120 - 180words.

speaking/writing/reading的重要性

【范文】

【点评】

第二部分听力时间:25分钟

听力音频:
New Recording(音频1)请在线搜索在线听,文档无法提供
New Recording(音频2)

短篇新闻3段(第1-7题)

News report 1

A message in a bottle sent out to sea by a NewHampshire man more than five decades ago was found 1,500 miles away. And it hasbeen returned to his daughter. A long-last message was discovered by ClintBuffington of Utah while he was vacationing. Buffington says he found a sodabottle half-buried in the sand that looked like it had been there since thebeginning of time. The note inside the bottle said, ‘Return to 419 OceanStreet, and receive a reward of $150 from Richard and Tina Pierce, owners of abeachcomber motel.’ The motel was owned by the parents of Paula Piece in 1960.Her father had written the note as a joke and had thrown it into the AtlanticOcean. Buffington flew to New Hampshire to deliver the message to Paula Piece.She held up to her father’s promise, giving Buffington that reward. But thebiggest reward is the message in the bottle finding its way back home.

Question 1. What is the news report mainly about?
Question 2. Why did Paula Piece give ClintBuffington the reward?
News report 2

Millions of bees have died in South Carolinaduring aerial insect spraying operations that were carried out to combat theZika virus. The insect spraying over the weekends left more than 2 million beesdead on the spot in Dorchester County, South Carolina, where 4 travel-relatedcases of Zika disease have been confirmed in the area. Most of the deaths camefrom the Flowertown Bee Farm, a company in Summerville that sells bees andhoney products. Juanita Stanley who owns the company said the farm looks likeit’s been destroyed. The farm lost about 2.5 million bees. Dorchester Countyofficials apologized for the accidental mass killing of bees. Dorchester Countyis aware that some bee keepers in the area that were sprayed on Sunday losttheir bee colonies, county manager Jason Wars said in the statement, ‘I’m notpleased that so many bees were killed’.

Question 3. Why was spraying operations carriedout in Dorchester County?
Question 4. What does news report say aboutFlowertown Bee Farm?

长对话2篇(第8-15题)

M: Do you feel like going out tonight?

W: yeah, why not? We haven’t been out for ages!What’s on?

M: Well, there is a film about climate change.Dose it sound good to you?

W: Oh, not really. It doesn’t really appeal to me.What’s it about? Just climate change?

M: I think it’s about how climate change affectseveryday life. I wonder how they make it entertaining.

W: Well, it sounds really awful. It’s an importantsubject, I agree. But I’m not in the mood for anything depressing. What else ison?

M: There’s a Spanish dance festival.

W: Oh, I love dance. That sounds reallyinteresting.

M: apparently, it’s absolutely brilliant. Let’ssee what it says in the paper. Anna Gomez leads in an exciting production of agreat Spanish love story, Carmen.

W: Okay then, what time is it on?

M: at 7:30

W: well, that’s no good. We haven’t got enoughtime to get there. Is there anything else?

M: There’s a comedy special on.

W: where is it on?

M: It’s at the city theater. It’s a charity comedynight with lots of different acts. It looks pretty good. The credit in thelocal paper says it’s the funniest things he’s ever seen. It says here Rogerwhite head is an amazing host to a night a fun performances.

W: Hummm, I’m not keen on him. He is not veryfunny.

M: Are you sure you fancy going out tonight? Youare not very enthusiastic.

W: Perhaps you are right. Okay, let’s go see thedance. But tomorrow, not tonight.

M: Great, I’ll book the tickets online.

Q8: What dose the woman think about climate change?
Q9: Why do the speakers give up going to theSpanish dance festival tonight?
Q10: What dose the credit says about the comedyperformed in the city theater?
Q11: What does the woman decide to do tomorrow?

W: Good morning Mr. Lee, may I have a manage ofyour time?

M: Sure, Catherine. What can I do for you?

W: I’m quite anxious about transferring over toyour college. I’m afraid I won’t fit in.

M: Don’t worry, Catherine. It’s completely normalfor you to be nervous about transferring schools. This happens to many transferstudents.

W: Yes, I know, but I’m younger than most studentsin my year and that worries me a lot.

M: Well, you may be the only younger one in youryear, but you know we have a lot of afterschool activities you can join in, andso this way, you’ll be able to meet new friends of different age groups.

W: That’s nice! I love games and hobby groups.

M: I’m sure you do. So you will be just fine.Don’t worry so much and try to make the most of what we have on offer here.Also, remember you can come to me any time of the day if you need help. W:Thanks so much. I definitely feel better now. As a matter of fact, I’ve alreadycontacted one of the girls who’s been living in the same house with me, and sheseems really nice. I guess living on campus, I’ll have a chance to have a closecircle of friends since we’ll be living together.

M: All students are very friendly with newarrivals. Let me check who would be living with you in your flat. Okay, therehare Hannah, Kelly and Bree. Bree is also a new student here like you. I’m sureyou two will have more to share with each other.

Q12: Why does Catherine feel anxious?
Q13: What does Mr. Lee encourage Catherine to do?
Q14: What does Mr. Lee promise to do for Catherine?

听力篇章3篇(第16-25题)第三部分 阅读理解 时间:40分钟

【选词填空】(第26-35题)

Feb 13th 2016 | LOS ANGELES 

SINCE the 1940s, southern California has had a reputation forsmog。Things are not as bad as once they were but, according to the American Lung Association, a healthgroup,Los Angeles is still the worst city in the United States for levels of 26 ozone, nitrogenoxides,hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide。 Gazing down on the city from the GettyCentre,an art museum in the Santa Monica Mountains, haze can blot out the view of the PacificOcean。Nor is the state’s bad air 27 restricted to its south。 Fresno, in thecentral valley,comes top of the list in America for year-round particulate pollution。Residents’ hearts and lungs are strained as a 28 consequence。

All of which, combined with California’s reputation as thehome of technological 29 innovation, makes the place ideal for developing andtesting systems designed to monitor pollution in 30 detail。 And thatis just what Aclima, a fledgling firm in San Francisco, has beendoing over the past few months。 It has been trying out arrays of monitoringstations,some of them mobile, that are 31 intended to yield minute-to-minute maps of32 outdoor air pollution。 Such stations will also be able to keep an eye on whatis going on inside buildings, including offices。

The stations in Aclima’s arrays are triangular andmeasure 20cm along a side。 Each contains 12 off-the-shelf sensors that detectpollutants such as ozone, carbon monoxide and methane, as wellas the small particles of which smog is composed。 They also monitor basic data such astemperature and humidity, which affect how pollution forms and lingers。 Theelements of an array may be fixed and spaced according to what exactly they aretrying to measure。 Or they can be attached to vehicles, so thatentire roads can be sampled routinely。

To this end, Aclima has been 33 collaborating withGoogle’s Street View system, resulting in maps such as the one below。 DavidaHerzl,Aclima’s boss,says they have, as expected, revealed pollution highs on days when SanFrancisco’s transit workers went on strike and the city’s 34 inhabitants wereforced to take to their cars。 Conversely, “cycle to work” days have done their job by35 creating pollution lows。

Aclima has already, at Google’s expense, mapped20,000km(12,000 miles) of roadsin the Bay Area this way。 It plans to produce a detailed map of the air quality ofCalifornia’s most populous regions—those around Los Angeles, SanFrancisco and the Central Valley—before the year is out。 It willthen move on to the rest of America and (Ms Herzl hopes) beyond。 For such outdoor work, most ofits customers are likely to be charitable foundations or governments。 ButAclima hopes to make money from the private sector as well, bymeasuring pollution levels indoors。

Again, Google has acted as a guinea pig。 It hasbeen testing Aclima’s technology in its offices for the past two years,crunching through more than half a billion data points a day on the air qualitywithin them。The result,according to Ms Herzl, is the world’s largest pollution-related database onindoor environments。

Without wind and other weather to move them on, thesedata show,indoor levels of many nasties can be between two and five times those outside。 TheGoogleplex is in Silicon Valley—a relatively clean part of the state。 If suchratios also apply on a smoggy day in LA, watch out。

Print edition | Science and technology

Feb 13th 2016 | LOS ANGELES
本文节选自一篇名为“Airquality Something in the air tonight”的文章,讲述了自二十世纪四十年代起南加州严重的空气污染以及对人们身体造成的伤害,一家旧金山的公司利用系统去检测空气污染。文章难度不大,挖空的十个单词分别为动词、名词和形容词这三类。考生做题时,可以先对所给十五个单词进行词性归类,再结合一些动词名词的固定搭配,如“restrict to”,“collaborate with sb.”,“in detail”以及形容词修饰名词等规律,根据上下文选择出最合适的单词。答案:
26. M) pollutants
27. N) restricted
28. C) consequence
29. J) innovation
30. F) detail
31. K) intended
32. L) outdoor
33. B) collaborating
34. I) inhabitants
35. E) creating

Air quality

Something in the air tonight

Tackling atmospheric pollution is hard。 Moredata will help

Print edition | Science and technology
【长篇阅读/匹配阅读】(第36-45题)
【仔细阅读1、2】(第46-55题)
Living in an urban area with green spaces has a long-lasting positive impact onpeople's mental well-being, a study has suggested. UK researchers found movingto a green space had a sustained positive effect, unlike pay rises orpromotions, which only provided a short-term boost. Co-author Mathew White,from the European Centre for Environment and Human Health at the University ofExeter, UK, explained that the study showed people living in greener urbanareas were displaying fewer signs of depression or anxiety. "There couldbe a number of reasons,” he said, “for example, people do many things to makethemselves happier: they strive for promotion or pay rises, or they getmarried. But the trouble with all those things is that within six months to ayear, people are back to their original baseline levels of well-being. So,these things are not sustainable; they don’t make us happy in the long term. Wefound that for some lottery(彩票)winners who had won more than £500,000 thepositive effect was definitely there, but after six months to a year, they wereback to the baseline."

Dr. White said his team wanted to see whether living in greener urban areas hada lasting positive effect on people's sense of well-being or whether the effectalso disappeared after a period of time. To do this, the team used data fromthe British Household Panel Survey compiled by the University of Essex.

Explaining what the data revealed, he said: "What you see is that evenafter three years, mental health is still better, which is unlike many of theother things that we think will make us happy." He observed that peopleliving in green spaces were less stressed, and less stressed people made moresensible decisions and communicated better.

46. According to one study, what do green spaces do to people?
A) Improve their work efficiency.
B) Add to their sustained happiness.
C) Help them build a positive attitude towards life.
D) Lessen their concerns about material well-being.

47. What does Dr. White say people usually do to make themselves happier?
A) Earn more money.
B) Gain fame and popularity.
C) Settle in an urban area.
D) Live in a green environment.

48. What does Dr. White try to find out about living in a greener urban area?
A) How it affects different people.
B) How strong its effect is.
C) How long its positive effect lasts.
D) How it benefits physically

49. What did Dr. White research reveal about people living in a green environment?
A) Their stress was more apparent than real.
B) Their decisions required less deliberation.
C) Their memories were greatly strengthened.
D) Their communication with others improved.

50. According to Dr. White, what should the government do to build more greenspaces in cities?
A) Find financial support.
B) Improve urban planning.
C) Involve local residents in the effort.
D) Raise public awareness of the issue.

参考答案:
Passage One
Add to their sustained happiness.
Earn more money.
How long its positive effect lasts.
Their communication with others improved.
Find financial support

答案解析

Passage One
本文节选自BBC NEWS网站Science& Environment板块,一篇名为Green spaces have lasting positive effect onwell-being的文章。文章指出居住在环境更为绿色健康的社区对人有持续的积极作用。研究发现,不同于升职加薪,结婚或者中彩票这类事件给人带来的短期的快乐,居住在一个好环境给人带来的积极影响可持续三年以上。人们的健康和好的环境密不可分,但是对于政府来说麻烦的是找到资金来源,建立一个高质量的绿色社区。

文章后题目主要考查事实细节,同样根据出题的顺序原则,找出题干中的关键词如Dr. White,government等,再返回原文进行定位, 一些题目选项跟原文有一定的出入,需要仔细甄别得出答案。

Add to their sustained happiness.
本题对应原文首段中UKresearchers found moving to a green space had a sustained positive effect. 又根据第一段的意思可得出居住在绿色的环境里会使人更加的快乐,故得出答案。

Earn more money.
本题对应原文首段中MathewWhite所说的话中“ for example people do all sorts of things to make themhappier: they strive for promotion at work, pay rises, they even get married. ”由此推导出答案。

How long its positive effect lasts.
又第一段可知如升值、加薪、中彩票只会给人们带来短期的快乐,这种快乐在过了六个月到一年后就会消失,并根据第二段首句“Dr White said his team wanted to see whetherliving in greener urban areas had a lasting positive effect on people's senseof well-being or whether the effect also disappeared after a period of time.”可推导出Dr. White想要知道居住在绿色环境中给人带来的积极的影响可以持续多久。

Their communication with others improved.
根据原文中第三段最后一句话"Thereis evidence that people within an area with green spaces are less stressed andwhen you are less stressed you make more sensible decisions and you communicatebetter" ,最后的communicatebetter可推导出答案D。

Find financial support
文章中最后一段讲的是我们需要资金来建立一个高质量的绿色社区。答案也可根据最后一句话推导得出“what we really need at a policy level is todecide where the money is going to come from to help support good quality localgreen spaces. ” Passage Two
Questions 51 to 55 are based on the followingpassage.

You probably know about the Titanic, but it wasactually just one of three state-of-the art(最先进的) ocean ships back in the day. The Olympicclass ships were built by the Harland & Wolff ship makers in NorthernIreland for the White Star Line company. The Olympic class included theOlympic,the Britannic and the Titanic. What you may not know is that theTitanic wasn’t even the flagship of this class.All in all, the Olympic classships were marvels of sea engineering, but they seemed cursed to sufferdisastrous fates.

The Olympic launched first in 1910, followed bythe Titanic in 1911, and lastly the Britannic in 1914. The ships had ninedecks, and White Star Line decided to focus on making them the most luxuriousships on the water.

Stretching 269.13 meters, the Olympic class shipswere wonders of naval technology, and everyone thought that they would continueto be so for quite some time. However, all suffered terrible accidents on theopen seas. The Olympic got wreaked before the Titanic did, but it was the onlyone to survive and maintain a successful career of 24 years. The Titanic wasthe first to sink after famously hitting a huge iceberg in 1912. Following thisdisaster, the Britannic hit a naval mine in 1916 and subsequently sank as well.

Each ship was coal-powered by several boilersconstantly kept running by exhausted crews below deck. Most recognizable of theship designs are the ship’s smoke stacks, but the fourth stack was actuallyjust artistic in nature and served no functional purpose. While two of theseships sank, they were all designed with doucle hulls(船体) believedto make them “unsinkable”, perhaps a mistaken idea that led to the Titanic’sand the Britannic’s tragic end.

The Olympic suffered two crashes with other shipsand went on to serve as a hospital ship and troop transport in World War I.Eventually, she was taken out of service od 1935, ending the era of theluxurious Olympic class ocean liners.

51. What does the passage say about the threeOlympic class ships?

A) They performed marvellously on the sea.
B) They could all break the ice in their way.
C) They all experienced terrible misfortunes.
D) They were models of modern engineering.

52. What did White Star Line have in mind when itpurchased the three ships?

A) Their capacity of sailing across all waters.
B) The utmost comfort passengers could enjoy.
C) Their ability to survive disasters of any kind.
D) The long voyages they were able to undertake.

53. What is said about the fourth stack of theships?

A) It was a mere piece of decoration.
B) It was the work of a famous artist.
C) It was designed to let out extra smoke.
D) It was easily identifiable from afar.

54. What might have led to the tragic end of theTitanic and the Britannic?

A) Their unscientific designs.
B) Their captains' misjudgment.
C) The assumption that they were built with thelatest technology.
D) The belief that they could never sink with adouble-layer body.

55. What happened to the ship Olympic in the end?

A) She was used to carry troops.
B) She was sunk in World WarⅠ.
C) She was converted into a hospital ship.
D) She was retired after her naval service.

参考答案:
51. They all experienced terrible misfortunes.
52. The utmost comfort passengers could enjoy.
53. It was a mere piece of decoration.
54. The belief that they could never sink witha double-layer body.
55. She was retired after her naval service. 第四部分 翻译 时间:30分钟
file:///C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image005.gif

题目1:
过去乘飞机出行对大多数中国人来说是难以想象的。如今随着经济的发展和生活水平的提高’越来越多的中国人包括许多农民和外出务工人员都能乘飞机出行。他们可以乘飞机达到所有大城市,还有许多城市也在筹建几场。航空服务不断改进,而且经常会有特价机票。近年来节假日期间选择乘飞机外出旅游的人不断增加。

In the past, for most Chinese people, it was hard to imagine to travel byplane. Nowadays, with the development of economy and improvement of livingstandards, more and more Chinese people can travel by air, including farmersand people workers outside their hometown. They can take planes to all bigcities. Many other cities are also planning to build airports. Air service iscontinually improving, and there are often flight tickets with special prices.In recent years, the number of people who travel by air on holidays has beenincreasing.

进阶版:

In old days, for most Chinese people, it wasbeyond imagination that we could travel by air. Nowadays, with the advancementof economy and improvement of living standard, there are a growing number ofChinese people, including farmers and migrant workers, are able to afford airtraveling. All the big cities are their destinations while new airports are tobe constructed in many other cities. Air service is continually improving, andsometimes there will be special offers for air tickets. In recent years, thenumber of people who choose to travel by air during holidays is constantlyincreasing.

题目2:
公交车曾是中国人出行的主要交通工具。近年来由于私家车数量不断增多,城市的交通问题越来越严重。许多城市为了鼓励更多人乘坐公交车出行,一直在努力改善公交车的服务质量。车辆的设施不断更新,车速也有了显著提高。然而,公交车的票价却依然相当低廉。现在,在大多数城市,许多当地老年市民都可以免费乘坐公交车。
Bus was an important mode of transportationfor Chinese people. In recent years, because the number of private cars hasbeen increasing, the problem of traffic in cities has been more and moreserious. To encourage more people to go out by bus, many cities have beentrying hard to improve the quality of bus service. The equipment of buses iscontinually updating, and the speed of buses has been significantly improvedtoo. However, the price of bus tickets is still very low. Nowadays, in many bigcities, many local old people can take buses for free.

进阶版:

Bus used to be a main mode of transportation forChinese people. In recent years, with the mounting number of private cars, thetransportation issue in cities is becoming increasingly severe. Many cites havebeen making their efforts to improve the bus service in order to encourage morepeople to take buses when going out. The facilities of buses are updatingcontinually. The speed is significantly improved as well. Nevertheless, busfares are still quite low. Nowadays, local senior citizens in most cities areeligible for free bus rides.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2018年英语四级考试真题试卷及答案word文档精编汇总版